This is such an important issue to us. Sadly, being taken advantage of is a real risk. Our team will help protect you and itself from a parent’s fraudulent behavior by:
- Conducting on-going “risk assessments”, beginning with a birth parent(s) initial interview, research of their online clerk of court records and social media pages;
- Being vigilant and being able and willing to corroborate information we receive, including proof of pregnancy;
- Sensing risky signs (“red flags”), calling a meeting and bringing it to your immediate attention, then making a decision about what to do;
- Not creating or indulging in a birth parent’s unreasonable expectations– being compassionate but realistic.
- Following the law, which assigns management of any financial donations to a mother to the attorney and adhering to the letter and spirit of the law.
- Being able to consult peers and other professionals for good advice in tough situations;
- Being willing to say no to a parent if a request or a pattern of behavior is not legal or reasonable.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.